Friday, November 27, 2015

Association, no Cultural Appropriation

Am I a Sikh?

According to Sri Guru Granth Sahib (SGGS): no
According to Amritdhari (baptized Sikhs): no

However, according to SGGS, the Gurmantar is available to all peoples at all times.

I keep kesh/ਮਘਦੇ (unshorn hair)
I wear a kara/ਕੜਾ (a constant reminder of the unity of existence)
I occasionally tie my kesh up in a joorah/ਜੂੜੇ and tie a dastar/turban/ਦਸਤਾਰ

I chant gurmantar and strive to keep the naam ever present in my mind, even while going about my daily activities.

I also occasionally drink alcohol.
By many definitions, I am not a Sikh.  I am for sure not a gursikh.   I do find myself immersed in the trappings of manmath.

It is the spiritual tradition I to which I find myself most closely aligned

Am I a Sikh?
Am I a manmukh?

I simply AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

anonymous ball blog blogthis centralized comments consent contract created else email etc exercise far file force freedom gif government gpg guy guy--- image individuals intellectual internet monopoly original people play politically posted property protecting provided republic security services share sig social state things used windows yes zen
created at TagCrowd.com